Level 2 Roofing Apprenticeship
We are assisting part of our group Ashbridge Roofing as they look to recruit Level 2 roofing apprentices to join the team.
Based in Scunthorpe
Apprentice wage £4.30p/h
37 hours per week
2 year apprenticeship
- Attend Leeds college in pre-arranged blocks of time to complete the apprenticeship
- To work in a way that ensures your own and your colleagues safety
- Attendance at health and safety and operational training from time to time
- Undertake training and shadowing of roofers
- Undertaking basic roofing and other construction tasks
- Remove old roofing materials
- Fixing dry ridge and verge
- Clearing site at the end of each day, sweeping scaffold and area around scaffold
- Loading roof tiles on to roof
- Laying roofing felt, battening
- Deliver projects within timeline
- Repair or replace broken materials
- Maintain work areas and equipment.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Unload materials and tools from work trucks
- Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight
- Provide assistance to skilled roofers installing and repairing roof coverings, flashings etc
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs
- Clear drains and downspouts and clean gutters
- The position also requires stamina and balance as roofers often work at heights while operating various machinery and equipment
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post as considered appropriate
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Will include working outside and working at heights so must be comfortable with heights.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills including face-to-face, over the phone and email
- Enjoy working as part of a team and having the ability to act under own initiative in investigating and finding the appropriate solutions to problems.
- Be able to work outside in all weathers and work at heights
- Have the ability to complete an NVQ level 2 and 3 in Roofing
- Well-presented, polite and tactful
- Ability to relate to people at all levels in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
- Good general education including numeracy, literacy and writing skills; GSCE grade C or above
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and the internet
- A strong commitment towards Equality and Diversity principles
Does this sound exactly like the kind of opportunity you are looking for? Please send your details through this advert.