Trainee Site Joiner
Trainee Site Joiner
We are working with a leading local company as they look to strengthen their team.
Based from Scunthorpe
Salary £15K-£25K plus O/T and shift allowances
Working within our Site Team, you will be a self-motivated, responsible individual, presentable, neat, tidy and hard working.
Able to communicate with others and appreciate that you represent the Company at all times
The hours worked will generally be Monday to Friday, however, this is not always the case. Some site locations which are further away from home may see the need to stay overnight or may see the need to travel to and from site outside of normal working hours/days. Some projects may see the need for evening/night shifts as a means of completing works within certain buildings
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Work towards an understanding of CAD drawings
- Quickly learn to comprise and carry out accurate cutting/materials lists
- Take direction from more senior team members to gain, foster and adopt the most appropriate and productive installation methods for each item on site
- Quickly learn to assemble and install door sets accurately and as per standards to meet all certifications
- Quickly learn to assemble and install furniture on site
- Learn to and work towards using hand tools, power tools and site equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Learn to install all products to the highest quality following all rules to ensure work passes certification
- Ensure all measuring, marking and cutting of materials is completed according to requirements following plans where applicable, accurately and ensuring that materials are not wasted
- Can work to deadlines without compromising quality
- Can work as part of a team and individually 1
- Discussing plans and following instructions
- To undertake other reasonable duties (within your skill level) that assist in the general operations of the Company
- Ensure as far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others likely to be affected by your actions
Work towards an appropriate CSCS Card
Ideally some degree of joinery or carpentry experience
Develop with an understanding site tools, machinery and conditions
Develop a knowledge of working on site with other tradespersons, trades, subcontractors, etc.
Good understanding of Maths relevant to carry out duties
Ability to work well with others
Ability to work on your own
Good communication skills
A great opportunity to join a leading company as they enjoy continued growth.