Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprentice
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative (Apprenticeship)
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprentice on behalf of our client in Sandtoft, Belton.
This role is working Monday to Friday and is paid at the apprentice wage of £4.15 per hour for the initial 12 months, followed by NMW for the remainder. The course is expected to last 15 months in total which includes an end point assessment.
Responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- a) Movement of product, organising stock, yard management including clearing debris and repairs.
- b) Maintenance of product packaging and locations of product.
- c) Providing support for goods inwards and deliveries.
Picking & Packing
- a) Picking product and packaging for orders for despatch.
- b) Control of paperwork and stock.
Cutting & Welding
- a) Fabrication work including selection and cutting of pipe, welding of small and large bore pipe.
- b) Preparation of components.
Health & Safety
- a) Support the team and the EHS manager with H&S initiatives.
- b) Support the team and the EHS manager with Environmental initiatives.
In terms of your learning and development you will study the following core areas:
- Warehouse practices and processes - including deliveries, dispatch, maintaining records, moving stock, packing and storing goods.
- Using warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles - including mechanical racking systems and materials handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pallet trucks.
- Using basic IT - including barcoding, data capture, radio and warehousing management software and systems.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations.
- Health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a warehouse environment - including safe driving and operating techniques and working safely at heights.
Does the above sound like your ideal next role? Are you looking to earn whilst you learn?
If so we would love to hear from you, please apply directly through this advertisement