We are currently recruiting for a Slitter Operator to work for a well-known packaging company based in Scunthorpe.
This role is offered on a Temp 2 Perm basis following a successful probation period with the hourly rate starting at £9. The working hours are variable however they will include 12 hour shifts both days and nights. Rotas will be provided 6 months in advance.
The main purpose of this role is to operate plant and machinery within Slitting, maintaining targeted output with minimal interruption.
The role will include but is not limited to;
- To operate slitters, within the department, maintaining targeted output with minimal interruption.
- Ensure that the expected performance targets, set by the planning teams, are achieved.
- Ensure that the net waste KPI is in line with agreed levels.
- Carry out correct start up, running and shutdown procedures as per works instructions WO19, WO20 and WO21.
- Follow set production programmes, understanding the importance of running to plan and association between production schedule and product specifications.
- Plan the day to day operation of the slitter to ensure ‘emergency’ situations do not arise through lack of raw materials, equipment failure and product specification problems.
- Prioritise responsibilities to ensure housekeeping and hygiene standards are at an acceptable standard before other duties, including maintenance, are carried out.
- Complete all records and paperwork for specific slitter legibly and accurately.
- Follow the correct changeover procedures ensuring minimum time taken between stoppage and running at rated speed.
- Ensure the processes and operations on the slitter are carried out effectively and at the appropriate time, maintaining a ‘First time quality’ mind set in all operations.
- Adhere to product specifications, use Company Quality Systems and take corrective action to safe guard product quality.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to safe working practices, recognising actual and potential hazards and taking the correct effective action to minimise accidents.
- Follow Company procedures for the correct disposal of waste ensuring a ‘clean as you go’ philosophy is adapted to maintain department housekeeping standards in line with a food manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that all Team members are kept informed and have the information they need to perform effectively by means of both verbal and written communication.
- Communicate with relevant team leader any important information relating to machine faults and alterations to set up.
- Maintain a flexible attitude to assisting other Team Members, offering help and sharing knowledge whenever possible.
- Use problems as a learning opportunity, using the appropriate problem solving tools and techniques to lead to the desired outcome.
- Must ensure that you are fully compliant with the all the environmental obligations with regard to waste and spillage.
- Carry out basic fault finding and rectification, within set limits, in specified zone. Make adjustments to machine set up to improve performance.
- To complete a timely and comprehensive shift handover from the previous shift.
- Ensure that all paperwork is done correctly and efficiently in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Ensure that all faults or problems with any aspect of the workplace are reported immediately.
- Ensure that your Department is kept clean, tidy and free from danger.
- Ensure that correct protective clothing and equipment is worn at all times.
- Attend meetings and specific courses and training as required.
If the above sounds like your ideal next role, then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through the advert.