QHSE - Health and Safety
We are assisting a leading local technical manufacturing company with their search for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager.
Based in Scunthorpe but will involve travel to other UK and European sites.
Salary very competitive including car or allowance.
The QHSE Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Information Security (QHSE) Management System via retention of the existing third-party certification in meeting the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO27001.
The QHSE Manager provides guidance to the organisation and supports the QA process from pre-qualification and tender requests to project and operational QHSE plans.
Develop, implement and maintain QHSE managements systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001,OHSAS 18001 and ISO27001 across multi-site locations
- Manage all relevant production quality resources and services, to ensure specified acceptable levels of quality and performance are not only reached, but also demonstrate a continuous improving trend, whilst assuring minimal disruption to the manufacture and delivery of products and projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system.
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the Business Management System (BMS).
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the BMS is being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by top management for measuring the performance of the BMS
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the BMS related to their own roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organisation are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the BMS conforms to planned arrangements, BMS arrangements and is effectively implemented and maintained.
- Monitor changes to legislation and assess the impact on the business.
- Review and analyse data from audits, accident investigations, near misses, concessions, defect, damages and KPI reports and customer complaints to identify root cause, adverse trends and implement preventive action.
- Ensure employees work in a safe and diligent manner to comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- Ensure suppliers are using approved products and that all works being planned is working in line with the clients and our own Environmental Plans.
- To meet with and review / audit employee and sub-contractor working practices.
- Carry out safety inspections as and when required in line with Quality Procedures.
- Creation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments and ensure that these are filed correctly, kept up to date and made available when required.
- Assist in Project Based activities such as continuous improvement, Lean, 5S etc.
- Review and transition existing OHSAS18001 certification to ISO45001 certification
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a QHSE and Information Security environment.
- Understanding and awareness of the demands of QHSE and Information Security standards in the workplace.
- NEBOSH qualified
- Understanding the requirements of electrical equipment installed in hazardous areas.
- Highly numerate.
- Highly computer-literate.
- Practical approach to problem solving in situations where only limited standardisation exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent opportunity to join a leading company, if you have the skills and experience required for this position please forward details for review.