Proposals Engineer - £26-30k pa
We are assisting a leading employer in Scunthorpe with their current search for a Proposals Engineer.
A full time permanent position
Salary £26-30K p.a.
The role will involve working as a part of a small international proposals team providing accurate technical and commercial bids for various size opportunities.
It shall be the responsibility of the Proposal Engineer to ensure that all submissions are finalised on time and that they meet the client’s expectations whilst maximizing potential to win projects.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility and initiative in order to provide key technical and commercial support, to both clients and colleagues in preparation of prequalification document submission and / or post contract award support.
- Co-ordinate and prepare bespoke security system designs utilising the product portfolio to a pre-defined specification
- Prepare using standard spreadsheets, the proposal cost estimate including obtaining accurate costs as necessary
- Responsible for moving a qualified opportunity from the closed sales status, via a technical and commercial hand over process with the project team; provide continued varying levels of support where necessary
- Ensure accurate documents, drawings and certificates are compiled and transmitted to client to support the bid
- Attend meetings with the client and take a proactive role in managing day to day issues / queries arising from the project design and commercial discussions
- Plan and organise schedules for the various opportunities ongoing at any one time in liaison with the client and internal stakeholders•
- Key personal attributes:
- Strong client focus – ability to operate at prime customer contact level
- Ability to analyse information and accurately interpret the information and identify key points for requirements of proposals
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of system design expertise, preferably within an international environment
- Self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment
- Focused, disciplined, energetic and results orientated
- Hold excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as honed presentation skills
The role is technically demanding working with bespoke software and hardware which requires a good level of commercial awareness.
The relevant candidate should be able to demonstrate key electrical, electronic and IT knowledge.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a technical role preferably in an international environment
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office products
- Experience of a mechanical / electronics engineering business and associated challenges
- Experience in CCTV , IT Networking and / or telecommunications market, preferably within a Ex petrochemical or maritime shipping industry
- Proven experience of both theoretical and practical aspects of systems design inclusive of techniques and tools
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established employer in an integral and challenging role.