Plumber Gas Engineer
We are assisting the Ongo Partnership as they look to appoint a Gas/Plumber Engineer on a permanent basis within the Maintenance team.
Base in Scunthorpe
Starting salary of £26,006 pa. rising to £29,812 pa. following a successful 6 month probation period.
Overall Purpose of Job
To carry out repairs to a high standard in occupied and empty properties in a courteous and polite manner, recognising the ongo customer care philosophy.
- To carry out repairs by fault finding to domestic heating/plumbing systems and appliances
- To keep accurate logs of work undertaken and materials used
- To install domestic heating/plumbing systems and appliances.
- To carry out repairs to hot and cold water systems, sanitary ware and drainage systems.
- To liaise with tenants and premises managers concerning the timing and progress of work being undertaken
- To undertake, where necessary, associated work including minor building repairs as identified on site
- To identify, from inspection, materials required to carry out repair or installation to the required standard
- To ensure the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular checks for road worthiness on Ongo Homes vehicles for which you are responsible.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Health and Safety policy statements and safe working practices
- To carry out all tasks in the Ongo multi skilling agreement (all trades)
- To manage and control and be responsible for a stock of materials held within a van supplied by Ongo
Responsibility for Resources
- Responsible for ongo vehicle, ensuring it is kept clean and tidy at all times, vehicle maintenance is carried out as instructed on iPad, any damage is reported following correct procedure to Area Manager and completing relevant paper work ion the intranet, near miss, accident etc
- I Pad ensuring fully charged and kept clean and is password protected to prevent unauthorised access to sensitive data
- Phone ensuring it is fully charged and password locked
- Power and Battery tools provided by ongo, ensuring visual checks carried out and any repairs issued reported to Area Manager immediately
- Van stock materials allocated, ensuring levels monitored accessible when van checks carried out by Area Manager
- Responsible for the proper handling, care, security and maintenance of equipment, plant, materials and vehicles up to a value of £15000.
- To be to responsible for managing your own van stock and ensuring that the stock levels are kept up to date on a daily / weekly basis.
- Day to day repairs that are pre-planned or emergency to the timescales agreed with customers and in line with time allocations set by SOR values
- Carry out required work in occupied and empty properties
- Work in an agile manner to ensure best service for customer and department
- Identify work that is not the responsibility of the department and explain to the customer
- Carry out all required face to face training and regular E Learning updates
- Lifting and carrying of materials and components, tools, ladders, power tools
- Potential to be working in confined spaces often in awkward postures
- Working off scaffolding, platforms, stilts as required to complete the required task
- Loading and unloading materials and components form vehicle
- Conditions can vary dependent on customers property and can include dirty and disagreeable sites
- Will be a mix of internal and external work dependent on the requirements of the department and repairs raised by customers
- Includes an element of working in all types of weather conditions
- Operatives will receive work via the iPad, travelling from home to their first job and will arrive at their first job start time
- Operative will be lone working within tenanted and empty properties and is required to log on to a Lone Working safeguard system
- Contact customers by telephone before setting off to the address for every job, number will be on iPad
- Read and act on any warnings on system relating to customers e.g. VIP - Visit in Pairs
- Operatives will work agile, Working hours between 8:00 and 18:00 (shift patterns 8:00 to 16:00 or 10:00 to 18:00 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 15:30 or 10:00 to 17:30 Friday) with 30 minute lunch break. Travel home is in operatives own time
- Information regarding the work tasks must be completed correctly on the I Pad ensuring information is accurate and completed before moving to next task including any requirement for customer to complete sections
- Liaise with planners and Area Manager should the repair be taking longer than expected or require extra help from other tradesmen
- Contact materials supplier to organise deliveries of required materials whenever possible
- Operatives will also need to be available for out of hours cover, evenings and weekend, this would be on a rota basis
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- ACS gas qualifications elements CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, WAT1.
- NVQ or equivalent gas or plumbing qualification.
- Experience of property repairs and maintenance work
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of plant and machinery relevant to the trade
- Experience in carrying out relevant installations, repairs and servicing in occupied and empty properties.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Ability to carry out dynamic risk assessments
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Customer Care orientated and dedicated to the provision of a high quality service
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic IT skills
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you, if so send your details for review.