Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
We are currently recruiting for a dental nurse apprenticeship on behalf of one of our clients based in Winterton.
This role is offered as an apprenticeship therefore the rate of pay is £4.15p/h. This role is working Monday-Friday 37 hours a week (which includes 1 day per week study).
The apprentice dental nurse is there to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery. They should adopt proficient surgery procedures, ensuring the best use of surgery time. They should provide excellent patient care, maintain cross infection control, equipment and materials. They should adhere at all times to the Practice Policies and Procedures to deliver the Practice’s goals.
- Provide support to dentists and other team members
- Encourage effective team work
- Report all issues of importance to the appropriate people
- Liaise closely with reception to ensure maximum efficiency within surgery
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Carry out reception and administrative duties
- Greet and care for all customers within your care in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Always be aware of patient confidentiality and data protection
- Ensure that patients receive all necessary paperwork and that all forms are signed and dated correctly
- Be fully conversant with all emergency and evacuation procedures
- Promote a professional image of the Practice at all times
- The dental nurse must remain in the surgery ensuring that the dentist is chaperoned at all times when treating a patient
- Assist patient into surgery, settle them in the chair and prepare them for treatment
- Provide patient with personal protective equipment
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Ensure all lab work is checked and available prior to patients arrival
- Maintain a clean environment during surgery. Cleaning and sterilising instruments after each patient, adhering to the Practice policy on cross contamination
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed whilst adhering to the relevant safety procedures
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure clinical waste is disposed of in the appropriate manner compliant with Practice Procedures
- Escort the patient from the surgery and when necessary to the reception area
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order new stock supplies as necessary
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Ensure that all waiting areas, corridors, stairs and immediate external areas are kept tidy and free of hazards in line with Health and Safety requirements
- Remove waste regularly
- Always be vigilant and report any problems or concerns to the Practice Owner immediately
- Provide support in emergency situations
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
This is a great opportunity to join an established practice in a key role and gain full support/direction as you achieve your qualification.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel it is the perfect role for you please forward your details for review.