IT Solutions Specialist Infrastructure
We are currently assisting our partnership company Ongo with a vacancy within the IT team, Solutions Specialist Infrastructure 12 Month Contract.
12 Month Contract Position
Based in Scunthorpe
Salary £32792 p.a.
- Ensuring assigned projects are managed in a consistent and methodical approach throughout their life cycle.
- Providing expertise to identify and translate business requirements into design and architectural documents for development.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of new services or changes to existing ones.
- Help business functions/departments work more efficiently by utilising existing solutions and identifying new requirements where appropriate.
- Be a solution subject matter expert to help promote solution possibilities and opportunities as well as assisting operational maintenance.
- Ensure the infrastructure remains in a healthy state through the creation of proactive monitoring, making recommendations to rectify potential issues and increase performance.
- Working closely with the support division on a regular basis to respond to demanding needs, assisting with any additional work as and when required.
- Involvement with system upgrades, patching and development work including approval of changes. Testing to ensure a consistent, high-level customer experience and quality assurance.
- Ensure technical writing is completed on all changes and projects to enable internal and external support to effectively troubleshoot and maintain.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with customers, 3rd party support, developers and other key professionals.
- Be competent with and have an understanding of networking theory and practicalities, such a switching, routing, firewalls, DHCP and DNS.
- Familiarity of virtualisation technologies, in particular VMware.
- Good understanding of Windows Server management ranging from 2012 through to 2019.
- Experience managing a Windows domain across multiple sites utilizing tools such as group policy and active directory.
- Familiarity with Azure Active Directory & other Azure technologies and services.
- Knowledge of cyber-security related topics, in particular around hardening and securing services.
- Experience of managing various Linux distributions including custom appliances.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and external agencies.
- Knowledge of project management or familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Have an overall ICT awareness of software and hardware and skilled in all other general aspects of ICT.
- Ability to perform well in a high pressured environment and to deliver work against tight deadlines.
- The ability to comfortably debrief or present to peers and customers.
An excellent opportunity to join a dynamic IT team in a challenging role.
Does this sound like the perfect position for you, matching your experience and background, if so please send your details through and we will be in touch.