IT Solutions Specialist Development
We are currently assisting our partnership company Ongo with a vacancy within the IT team, Solutions Specialist Development.
Based in Scunthorpe
Salary £26K p.a. rising to £29800 p.a. after 6 month probationary period.
- Ensuring assigned projects are managed in a consistent and methodical approach throughout their life cycle.
- Providing expertise to identify and translate business requirements into design and architectural documents for development.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of new services or changes to existing ones.
- Help business functions/departments work more efficiently by utilising existing solutions and identifying new requirements where appropriate.
- Be a solution subject matter expert to help promote solution possibilities and opportunities as well as assisting operational maintenance.
- Ensure the infrastructure remains in a healthy state through the creation of proactive monitoring, making recommendations to rectify potential issues and increase performance.
- Working closely with the support division on a regular basis to respond to demanding needs, assisting with any additional work as and when required.
- Involvement with system upgrades, patching and development work including approval of changes. Testing to ensure a consistent, high-level customer experience and quality assurance.
- Ensure technical writing is completed on all changes and projects to enable internal and external support to effectively troubleshoot and maintain.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with customers, 3rd party support, developers and other key professionals.
- Be competent with and have a broad understanding of administering and querying MS SQL databases.
- Experience with administering and querying MySQL and Sybase databases.
- Utilise various SQL functions to perform data extraction, transformation and loading between databases.
- Expert experience of integrating various systems in a variety of methods available.
- Experience with PHP, JSON and VB.Net is desirable.
- Competent at data manipulation, validation and verification.
- Experience of Aareon QL, 1st Touch and Kirona DRS desirable.
- The ability to be able to provide simple explanations of technical matters to non-technical personnel.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and external agencies.
An excellent opportunity to join a dynamic IT team in a challenging role.
Does this sound like the perfect position for you, matching your experience and background, if so please send your details through and we will be in touch.