Human Resources Assistant
HR & OD Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a temporary Human Resources Assistant, to work within our HR team at Ongo. This role is expected to last at least 6 months.
The position is working 37 hours Monday to Friday, and offers a pay rate of £9.93ph.
The role will offer a hybrid working arrangement with a mix of working from the office and from home. Our main offices are based in Church Square in Scunthorpe town centre.
- Be first point of contact to provide an initial HR response to queries from managers, employees and external agencies, and signpost to the appropriate HR team member for more complex advice.
- Manage the HR Team email inbox, answering and escalating queries as appropriate in line with the customer service level agreements in place.
- Advise managers and staff on adhoc employee relations queries in the absence of other members of the HR Team including in relation to Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability matters.
- To assist in management of attendance for Ongo staff, and supporting the co-ordination and organisation of medical appointments and physiotherapy referrals.
- Proactively engage with HR & OD Officers and HR & OD Partner to provide support for the management of lower level casework.
- Undertake research into best practice, employment law and current developments in HR to assist the delivery of a professional service, and development of policies and strategies.
- To support the maintenance and management of the HR system and the retention and archiving data in line with GDPR guidelines.
- To input payroll, working with the payroll provider to ensure the payroll is run accurately and in a timely manner, supporting the resolution of any queries.
- Arrange and attend meetings on HR matters, taking notes and providing minutes and action points where appropriate including in relation to Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability matters.
- Support with raising and processing purchase orders and dealing with any invoice related queries.
- To process new starters, probation, transfers, promotions, resignations and other salary variations and adjustments appropriately including the provision of references for ex-employees.
- Preparation of offer letters and contracts of employment for employees and assisting in the implementation of conditions e.g. pay awards, pension queries, and annual leave.
- Assisting in resolution of pension queries and administer Aviva compliance check.
- Produce regular reports, statistics and management information as required including responsibility for Balanced Scorecard and ONS survey responses in addition to ad hoc requests.
- Administering the maternity, paternity, adoption and family friendly leave processes including completion of associated paperwork, liaising with payroll
- To support the recruitment and selection administration process, ensuring that appropriate checks are made i.e. references, right to work, DBS checks etc. Providing support to employees on the redeployment register when required.
- Support the HR team in identifying opportunities for service improvements and contribute to the development and delivery of projects on a variety of specified projects as and when required.
- Work closely with the HR Team to develop and enhance company policies and procedures.
- Support in learning and development activities including updating, and maintaining our learning platform including setting up training courses, taking attendance and keeping all records up to date.
- Deal with sensitive information with regard to confidentiality, data protection etc.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Interest and passion in Ongo and HR
- Excellent administration skills with good attention to detail
- A basic understanding of HR policies and procedures, employment law and recommended good practice
- Understanding of payroll processes
- Understanding of HR administrative systems and processes
- Ability to work efficiently with great organisational skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all staff and external contacts
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work effectively and courteously with a wide range of people
- Excellent ICT skills with MS Office skills and ideally knowledge of HR systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills demonstrated by GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 and above (old grade C or above) or equivalent
- Self-driven with the ability to work unsupervised and take on challenges proactively
- Confident to work on their own initiative including writing own letters
- Approachable, positive and enthusiastic
- Professional demeanour
- Ability to show empathy and respect for others
- Previous experience in an administration role in HR
- Previous payroll administration experience
- Experience of working with Employment Law and Employment Relations
- Previous experience of working on HR projects
- CIPD qualified or working towards a level 3 or equivalent.
Does the above sound like your ideal next role? If so, please apply directly through this advertisement.