Head of Landlord Services
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Landlord Services. This role is part of a senior leadership team, to lead and inspire the Landlord Service in order to contribute to the delivery of Ongo’s Corporate Plan, values and operational targets.
Role Purpose: The Head of Landlord Services role is a key leadership position, which is focused on delivering great landlord services, business transformation, whilst implementing new modern ways of working.
- To lead on the delivery of the ‘Be a Great Landlord Strategy’ and support the delivery of the ‘Create Opportunities Strategy’ with a key focus on business transformation.
- To lead, inspire and engage colleagues across the Landlord Services team and wider organisation to ensure Ongo remains a great place to work, whilst achieving operational targets.
- To champion colleague engagement and as a key member of the Senior Leadership team, ensure Ongo delivers the corporate vision and objectives, whilst contributing to the cultural development and work towards ‘One Ongo’.
- To drive a culture of tenant engagement and ensure tenants are at the heart of all key decisions.
- To lead a digital first approach to service with ‘no one left behind’ whilst harnessing innovation and new ways of working to improve the way Ongo delivers its services.
- To create and sustain a modern sector leading service that ensures Ongo is ‘easy to do business with’ through embracing a fully mobile and digitally enabled teams.
- Implementing and developing a coaching approach which encourages customers to access all of our added value services.
- Using a commercial approach to ensure the income streams are protected and make decisions where appropriate, including budget responsibility.
- Working with key partners and stakeholders to ensure Ongo’s communities are truly vibrant, safe and pleasant places to live.
- To make best use of resources to ensure the Landlord Service delivers value for money.
- Use innovative ideas to enhance effective lettings processes, make the best use of housing stock and minimise the number of empty homes in our commitment to creating vibrant communities.
- Provide direction and strategic leadership to develop and grow our homeless and specialist accommodation offer.
- To lead a positive service culture around health and safety and risk management and embrace equality for both colleagues and our tenants.
- To ensure that Landlord Services are compliant with Regulatory Consumer standards particularly in relation to the Tenancy Standard and the Neighbourhood and Community standard.
- To keep up to date with changes in legislation, national policy development and best practice in respect of Landlord Services and ensure that relevant policies, processes and systems are fit for purpose.
- To promote joint working practices with other Directorates through a ‘One Ongo’ approach and lead our values or Partnership, Drive and Responsibility.
- Partnership working with all levels of stakeholders from board level to community groups and members.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in transformational change, leading change programmes focusing on service delivery and internal efficiencies or improvements.
- Experience of embedding coaching into service delivery.
- To hold an appropriate academic or professional qualification ideally in leadership, change, coaching or housing.
- Currently possess or willing to work towards a coaching qualification.
- Track record in leading similar services with transferrable leadership skills where tenants or customers are at the heart of decision making.
- Experience of leading large teams with budgetary responsibilities.
- The ability to solve complex problems by interpreting and applying various legislative principles and achieving a positive outcome.
- Be able to organise, supervise, inspire and develop colleagues and workforce using a variety of leadership skills.
- Experience of partnership working and ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience of providing customer focussed services.
- To have knowledge of relevant legislation and legal matters relating.
- Promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Agile working is available but there will be a need to travel to locations within our region when required. This role offers a salary of £63,000pa + company benefits.
Closing date: 19/02/21.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference, if this sounds like the ideal role please apply directly through this advertisement.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies. We also particularly encourage applications from all protected characteristics and welcome those from under-represented groups and BAME communities who are currently under-represented within Ongo at these levels/within these areas.
Any personal information you provide to us on this form will be treated in accordance with current UK data protection law and our data protection policies, procedures and privacy notices in place from time to time. For full details of how we will use your personal information and comply with current UK data protection law please see our privacy notice. A copy of our privacy notice is available at www.ongo.co.uk/privacyapplicants or on request.