Framework Manager (Construction)
Do you have experience in management and leading construction contracts? If so, we would like to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for a Framework Manager. This position is temporary initially, however may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
The working hours are 37.5 working Monday to Friday with agile working currently available.
Rate of pay is between £39-43k
Required experience and skills:
- Sound market knowledge of the construction market and dynamics which affect the sector.
- Experience that confirms sound knowledge of construction procurement and contract management
- Experience of using construction contracts, preferably the NEC Suite of Contracts
- Experience of resource management & planning
- Extensive financial and budgetary planning and management skills and detailed knowledge and experience of financial practices and accounting, both capital, revenue and job costing.
- Experience of leading high profile projects with knowledge of project management.
- Experience of developing commercial activities and development of robust business plans.
- Experience of producing and presenting reports to inform decision making.
- Computer literate, including extensive experience with financial ledger systems, other systems and spreadsheets.
- Management experience, including motivating, building and leading teams and a commitment to people and service development.
- Understanding of Council Procedures, Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, etc.
- Provide procurement advice and support on Construction related projects ensuring compliance with corporate procedures, legislation, and contractual arrangements.
- Manage the Business Services team to support Construction related activities, for the purpose of instigating property related works, including commissioning, resourcing, contract management and performance.
- Provide a financial and procedural monitoring service for the Capital and Revenue Building Programme.
- Maintain procedures for performance monitoring of contractors, sub-contractors and consultants, setting and measuring KPI’s, to assist in the performance monitoring of all consultants and contractors appointed by the council for the implementation of its building programmes.
- Ensure the governance framework is adhered to including project delivery, financial management and that the terms and conditions of the procured Frameworks are managed.
- Lead, direct and coordinate the service’s response to a range of statutory and non-statutory corporate initiatives, including, but not restricted to:
-Quarterly Performance Reviews
-Financial Monitoring and Planning
-Freedom of Information
- Acting as the service champion and representing the service at corporate forums to discuss and develop such matters e,g. Corporate Parenting