Employment Support Coach - 18 hour post
Employment Support Coach (Apprenticeships)
Starting salary: £18,418 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
18.5 hours per week
Initially to cover up to 31 March 2019 (potential to become long term)
Ongo Communities, part of the Ongo group, is seeking an Employment Support Coach to join our Raising Aspirations team to work specifically with young people to help them to develop the necessary skills to gain and maintain apprenticeships.
The aim of the role is to work with young people from our estates to inspire, encourage and empower them to grow to their full potential as involved members of our communities, and wider.
The purpose of the job is to:
Work as part of a small team to support Ongo tenants and disadvantaged young people from our communities, to develop the confidence and skills to move forward into employment and make a real difference in their lives.
Deliver a consistent, high quality range of supportive interventions, including interview techniques and application forms, based on individuals’ needs, in order to help young people to develop the necessary skills and overcome the barriers that prevent progression to gaining and maintaining an apprenticeship.
Carry out regular reviews with apprentices and their host employer to maintain good standards of work and relationships.
Work towards and exceed targets relating to the agreed number of apprenticeship ready young people available in a “talent pool”.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues and factors faced by members of the community and in particular young people facing barriers to employment
- Proven skills in supporting young people into the labour market with the ability to be both firm and empathetic with clients on caseload
- Enjoy working in a supporting environment with the ability to manage difficult and sometimes upsetting situations.
- Organisational ability to handle multiple priorities, act quickly and decisively, work to changing deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- A good team player.
- A very good judge of character
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to transport yourself across North Lincolnshire
Closing date Friday 26th October
Interviews will be held on Thursday 1st November