Dispensary Assistant Apprentice
We are currently recruiting for a Dispensary Assistant Apprenticeship.
This well established medical centre in Winterton, Lincolnshire is looking to recruit a Dispensary Apprentice to assist at the surgery undertaking a range of tasks to include (but not exclusive to) assist with safe, accurate and timely support of prescribed medication to patients and assist in the smooth operation of the dispensary. To work towards a level 2 pharmacy service skills BTEC and NVQ.
It will be necessary to undergo any relevant training deemed necessary by the practice, to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 within the first year of employment.
- Receive and process patients’ requests for authorised repeat prescriptions by computer printout and telephone answer phone
- To attend dispensary hatch and deal with patients efficiently when collecting medication in accordance with Practice protocols.
- Deal with general queries – check computer records etc.
- Collect prescription charges
- Ensure patients sign the FP10 forms
- To unpack the drug orders from the wholesaler and place the drugs on the shelves in the correct position
- Any other duties as necessary at both Winterton and Burton Stather surgeries.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of medicines and minor ailments by using training, team resources and product information.
- To carry out other appropriate tasks as may be required by Manager.
- Assist in promoting and maintaining your own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health and Safety Policy, the practice Health and Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control and published procedures. The post holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
THIS IS AN APPRENTICESHIP AND THE WEEKLY RATE IS £136.50.
Does the above sound like we're describing your ideal next career step? If so, we would love to hear from you.