Covid-19 Prevention Assistant
We are currently recruiting for COVID-19 Prevention Assistant to work for the Local Authority in high-risk places, locations and communities in North Lincolnshire. Initially the contract will run for four months though this may be extended to six months, commencing as soon as possible.
- Act as a steward offering advice and support to members of the public and local businesses in locations where there are high volumes of people, particularly at weekends.
- Ensure that people and businesses are adhering to guidance around social distancing, hand hygiene etc.
- Provide additional support to the council’s environmental services team by collecting information and providing advice and guidance to businesses identified as being at a high risk of COVID-19 to help them avoid such outbreaks.
- Undertake training in basic contract tracing principles to be able to support contact tracing in the event of any large or complex outbreaks in North Lincolnshire (or possibly the Humber areas as part of mutual aid arrangements with neighbouring councils).
- Assist vulnerable people who have been advised to self-isolate to link to services that can support them.
- Carry out some basics cleaning and support tasks in public realm to support Covid-19.
- To provide basic level regulatory duties, commensurate with skills, experience and training
- Assist with collection of business ownership details to ensure database of businesses is accurate and contact can be made quickly if required.
- To act as eyes and ears for other Regulatory or place based matters and report into the relevant team across the council or respond as directed, such as environmental crime and trading standards matters.
- Excellent knowledge of North Lincolnshire.
- Willingness to learn about COVID-19 and how it can be prevented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Confidence to talk to the public out and about, including potentially advising people who may not be following COVID prevention advice and being aware of conflict management.
- Confidence to speak to businesses about how they can become more COVID secure and to collect data that can assist in COVID-19 prevention.
- Willingness to undertake training and engage in contact tracing should the need arise.
- All assistants to have access to own vehicle receiving payment for mileage or able to move independently around the borough
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to use a computer.
£10.96 per hour
Working in pairs across North Lincolnshire.
Vans and community warden uniform provided.
If the above sounds like your ideal next role then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through advert.